View Single Post
      04-29-2019, 10:56 AM   #35
LittleJoe
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 EQS 580 SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppagiga View Post
It’s an issue for more than just him. And it’s exacerbated by poor training of support (geniuses on the phone or at the dealer). They are minimally competent and equipped to help.

Only solution, if you can’t resolve on your own, is to take it in for service and don’t pick it up til it’s fixed
Which issue are you referring to? Reconnect between uses or CarPlay disconnecting while in use?

Separate issues that may both be iPhone related. I say that because restarting my iPhone always allows it to reconnect so logically one could assume the iPhone may be the culprit. After all, the Apple Pay pop up issue disappeared (for almost everyone) after the release of iOS 12.2 so BMW may be working with Apple to resolve the reconnect (and disconnect) issues in an upcoming iOS release. If it were a coding issue in iDrive 7, I would think BMW would have released an update by now. Big companies move slowly but BMW has more to lose if this is in fact something they can resolve. Apple on the other hand has bigger fish to fry and would likely take a more relaxed approached to fixing it.

For any X7 owners experiencing CarPlay disconnect issues 'during' use, please post your experience so we can track what all is actually happening.
Appreciate 0