View Single Post
      04-29-2019, 11:56 AM   #36
toddwalton
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 - 2024 G26

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post
Todd, I find it interesting that you are losing your connection during use of CarPlay. I haven't yet experienced that issue and I don't recall any other owners posting that issue for the X7. I think X5 owners are experiencing that and other issues.

Do you keep your iPhone X in your pocket while driving or put it on the charging pad?
I am a power iPhone user, I am running the latest iOS and I am on an iPhone X and yes I am using the charging pad. I’ve tried all the tricks like deleting the device in iDrive settings, hard rebooting my phone, rebooting iDrive, all of it. What’s curious is in that the 8 days I have owned the X7 the performance is degrading, it’s getting worse and less consistent over time. The first two days I had no issue at all jumping in and out of the car making several pitstops. But as the days have gone on connectivity has gone from 100% down to only 20% of the time and it now disconnects randomly during a trip. I have two other BMWs running various versions of iDrive with the same phone running CarPlay and I’ve had no issues whatsoever. So if this is an iOS 12.2 issue it is related to iDrive 7 as this is not happening on the other versions of CarPlay in my other vehicles.

What phone are you using and what iOS version are you using? Are you using CarPlay or just BMW NAV + Bluetooth?
Appreciate 0