View Single Post
      04-29-2019, 01:14 PM   #39
toddwalton
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 - 2024 G26

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post
I use an iPhone XS Max with iOS 12.2 and have not experienced a disconnect from CarPlay, only occasional reconnect issues where restarting my iPhone always resolves it. In my mind the issue is a WiFi related problem within the phone itself but I could be completely wrong.
Thanks LJ. My pain points are:

70% of the time the X7 won't connect to CarPlay at all upon starting the car (requires a toggle into/out of Airplane Mode to get it working again, often multiple toggles).

50% of the time the X7 disconnects CarPlay while I'm in Google Maps, can be at any time during the duration of the trip (20 minutes distance for me to date).

For the first 6 days it was only my iPhone X paired to the X7. For the past 2 days I also paired my wife's iPhone X to the X7 and the same behavior is happening on her phone as well.

Also, if the functionality for his and hers keyfobs is supposed to be immediate connection to my fob (when I enter the car and her phone is not around) and immediate connection to her fob (when she enters the car and my phone is not around) that's not happening either, it's like we have to go into iDrive settings and tap the one of the two iPhones we want to pair for that ride. Is that the normal behavior? I thought the keyfob's were supposed to allow that functionality.
Appreciate 0