LittleJoe
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 EQS 580 SUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddwalton View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJoe View Post
I completely forgot about having two iPhones connected to iDrive. I think having both iPhones connected could be causing your connection issues. Initially I had both my iPhone and my wife's iPhone configured in iDrive and experienced some connection issues. After I deleted my wife's iPhone things started working. You may need to delete one of your devices as it appears iDrive doesn't handle multiple devices properly. It may be worth some testing to verify.
As I said, for the first 6 days my wife's iPhone was not paired to the car at all, and when she drove with me her Bluetooth and Wifi were turned off. It's not related to two iPhone's. I flew completely solo for the first 6 days of ownership.

Forgetting the CarPlay for a moment, what are your thoughts on dual-key setup....is the car supposed to recognize the iPhone each key is sync'd to?

Also, if the functionality for his and hers keyfobs is supposed to be immediate connection to my fob (when I enter the car and her phone is not around) and immediate connection to her fob (when she enters the car and my phone is not around) that's not happening either, it's like we have to go into iDrive settings and tap the one of the two iPhones we want to pair for that ride. Is that the normal behavior? I thought the keyfob's were supposed to allow that functionality.
It's a good question but I can't really say because I only have my phone paired to the car at this point. But it would seem logical to associate a specific iPhone to a specific profile and when that profile is activated by the FOB at the driver's side of the car the system would automatically select the associated iPhone if more than one iPhone is in the vehicle.

I have one more thought about your specific issue. You mentioned that your phone has disconnected from the car several times while using Google maps. I do not use Google maps, I don't even have it loaded on my iPhone. I use Waze or the built-in BMW navigation system. So I'm wondering if Google maps running within CarPlay has something to do with the disconnect issue.
Appreciate 0