View Single Post
      04-29-2019, 06:04 PM   #44
mcdbirdman
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddwalton View Post
As I said, for the first 6 days my wife's iPhone was not paired to the car at all, and when she drove with me her Bluetooth and Wifi were turned off. It's not related to two iPhone's. I flew completely solo for the first 6 days of ownership.

Forgetting the CarPlay for a moment, what are your thoughts on dual-key setup....is the car supposed to recognize the iPhone each key is sync'd to?

Also, if the functionality for his and hers keyfobs is supposed to be immediate connection to my fob (when I enter the car and her phone is not around) and immediate connection to her fob (when she enters the car and my phone is not around) that's not happening either, it's like we have to go into iDrive settings and tap the one of the two iPhones we want to pair for that ride. Is that the normal behavior? I thought the keyfob's were supposed to allow that functionality.
I’ve had a lot of trouble too. Now everything is much better. Here is what I did. Delete both phones from the X7 in both profiles. Delete the X7 on both iPhones. Both in Bluetooth setting and under CarPlay in General tab. Then turn off the iPhone not being paired to the 1st key FOB. While car is started push and hold the volume button in the car for 30 seconds to reboot the iDrive 7. Now go through the re-pairing process for the iPhone you will use with the 1st key fob. Now get the 1st key fob far away from the car and turn off the 1st iPhone. Then repeat the process for the 2nd fob and iPhone. No need to re-boot the car this time though. Then go to COM—Mobile Devices—Settings—Priority for Phones and set them as desired. Touch and move is the only way to move the priority order. Every now and then I have to go to CarPlay on my phone and turn it off then on when CarPlay doesn’t show up automatically like it’s supposed to.
Appreciate 2