View Single Post
      06-17-2020, 08:02 PM   #38
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
Well, 61 days after placing my order, dealing with the worst shipping delay and customer service I have ever experienced (which was more the company than COVID, IMO), the tray finally came in today. As I mentioned previously, at the time of my order I could not find this part available from any US vendors, and only two overseas vendors that would ship to the US. Unfortunately, I went with the wrong overseas vendor... Some pics of the tray are below. Of note, the plastic "screws" that hold the tray in place are integrated with the tray which confirms why there is no separate part number for them. You just need to twist them 90 degrees to unlock/lock them.

With any luck, availability for this part stateside is better now. But if not, I can't recommend the vendor that I ordered this part from: LLLParts UK. Maybe I was just unlucky as "stuff happens", but after dealing with this debacle, looking at the reviews for this company over 33% of their reviews were very negative with similar issues as mine (i.e. 1-star) - which is pretty high from a company customer service perspective. The recommended overseas vendor I would go with (and whom I have used in the past and should have used) is Schmiedmann. Their shipping is pretty fast and rates are good (despite some additional delays due to COVID right now), and they confirmed they could get this part (but you may need to email them).

Now it is time for me to finally finish my X7 spare tire/emergency equipment project. But that is for another thread ....
Does this work with the factory spare tire?
Appreciate 0