View Single Post
      04-27-2014, 04:51 PM   #1
Uponone76
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Is this normal for BMW?

I apoligize up front if this thread comes off as stupid or misinformed, but here goes. Every day I log into this website (ok more like 100 times a day) and I immediately scroll to the vendors section looking for new and exciting parts available for my car. However, every day, I'm disappointed. What's up with the lack of aftermarket support for this car? Still no true full exhausts systems, coil overs, brake options, and even very few cosmetic upgrade options. Even the stuff that is available, there's usually only one vendor. We have one option for tuning, two options for intakes, one option for down pipe, and dare I say, will there ever be upgraded turbo options?

I understand the car is new, but I'm coming from the import car/motorcycle world where mods are a plenty. My last track bike was a month old when it was fully stripped and track prepped. Import cars seemed to be the same way. I have friend that bought a Toyota FRS, within months of that car being released there were multiple companies offering exhausts, intakes, turbos kits, and various tuning option.

Am I being impatient or is this how the BMW tuning world usually works? Is it because of the lack of vendors, or people doubt the car will succeed? What going on?
Appreciate 0