View Single Post
      02-12-2012, 11:05 AM   #6
MonsterM
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 328i SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neill7 View Post
I'm a New BMW owner, and what a great fre*kin' drive. I really didnt know what I was missing. Anyway, I need some advice.

My 2009 328i Coupe came with staggered Run Flats on them.

soon it may be time to replace and I want to know if I should replace with Run Flats or not?

if your tire WOULD BE FLAT, but you were lucky enough to have run flats, doesnt that mean that they will just get flat LATER?

you still dont know that you drove over a nail. they will just get flat at a later time and you are Still Stranded? or am I wrong. Does a run flat give you an alarm signal that you are gonna need a tire, and Then it still goes 50 or 100 miles further?

I'm being sarcastic, but I'm Completely Serious. How do run flats help? they dont flatten immediately, but if THEY CANT TELL YOU they are damaged, then you MIGHT get stranded eventually, anyway.

Please give me honest upside opinions.

is there any Downside to them? that they wear quicker? that they make noise? besides that they cost a lot more. is there any other reason to choose NOT to have run flats?

I'm seriously asking for the upside and downside from experienced people. If you dont mind, please let me know what you think.

thanks.
I never drove a E90 with non-RFT's but I heard some complaints that it diminishes the "sporty" feeling a bit and makes the car feel more "spongy" on the corners. I don't know if that is the case. I had a nail in one of my RFT's, the TPS went on and I drove the car for about one day.
Appreciate 0