Drives: 2017 M3, 2020 X7 40i

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skids929 View Post
Curious...How is it you have the B&W menus if your car was built with HK? Maybe I missed something in the thread.

Also, extensive experience with Tidal and Qobuz auditioning on my home audio system for a couple of months..I am a true 2ch audiophile listening to both of these sources on very revealing equipment. I can tell you unequivocally that Qobuz sounds better (to my ear) than Tidal, and the price is much better too. Tidal you're paying for a slightly (and I mean slightly) more expansive library and all that high rez crap that NO car DAC can reproduce anyway..And quite honestly it's meaningless since most of it all comes down to the recording, not the resolution.

How are you liking the Bavsound? I am deciding between it and the Bimmertech kits. I have the hifi system and it's not going to cut it for us.
I coded the B&W menus (which includes the B&W DAC options as well) to use with my HK system. While not originally designed for the HK system, B&W DAC options produce a better sound experience with the HK system IMHO. As far as the Bavsound upgrade, I find it to be a very noticeable improvement - especially when paired with a good sound source. I don’t have any experience with the Bimmertech stuff, but I will speculate the Bimmertech stuff will have a similar improvement.

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)
Appreciate 0