GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer110! View Post

In the car environment CD does sound really good especially when you consider that with the advent of streaming etc we have forgotten how good CD sounds compared to the compressed low but rate streaming material.

Thank you for the research and sharing of the info in your post
Thanks Hammer! Your point about CD quality ... it's very ironic that only now - in 2021 - have we gotten back to the digital quality we had in the 1980s!

Here's a funny side note:

Over the years I've bought a few Ind Manufaktur cars - I don't know if this is why - but one day awhile back, out of the blue, BMWNA sent me a pair of B&W headphones!

Now these aren't anything too fancy, but they were much higher quality what what I'd been using (PSB M4U2s) ... and they got me to start digging into my old stuff ...

WAY back in the late 80s when I was just a kid getting my license I got REALLY into car stereo stuff, eventually custom building a pretty kickass system - well I also had a huge CD collection, that I digitized online, but then I fell out of all of it for a decade or two ...

Then I got those B&W P5s, started digging through my old CDs and WOW! Emotion in songs I hadn't noticed in years!

So that got me back into it, and eventually back into some better home equipment ... and, for me, DACs DEFINTELY make a difference ... something like a Chord Mojo paired with a good headphone will convince anyone who's ever liked music
Appreciate 0