2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skids929 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
I coded the B&W menus (which includes the B&W DAC options as well) to use with my HK system. While not originally designed for the HK system, B&W DAC options produce a better sound experience with the HK system IMHO. As far as the Bavsound upgrade, I find it to be a very noticeable improvement - especially when paired with a good sound source. I don’t have any experience with the Bimmertech stuff, but I will speculate the Bimmertech stuff will have a similar improvement.
Can this be done with the sh*tty hifi system mine was delivered with?

Eton makes speakers that are Plug and play for this vehicle and that should most certainly be better than the Bavsound I just need to learn more about the efficiencies of each before I commit.
Sure it can. However, I am not sure how well the new DSP profiles, etc will work with the HiFi system. The equipment for the HiFI, HK and B&W systems are all different, most notably the amps in all 3 systems are different. However, the specs for the B&W and HK systems, including the amps, are much closer to each other than the HiFi system specs.

This is not to say that coding the B&W stuff won't help the HiFi system sound better (I have not heard the HiFi system in the X7 though). But the sound improvement may not be the same like what I, and others, have heard when using the B&W coding with the HK system. But the coding is very simple with BimmerCode so if it does not work out, you can easily code it back to stock.

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)
Appreciate 0