View Single Post
      10-27-2021, 09:39 AM   #55
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep
Drives: G07, F97, F30, E90, E46, E30

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids929 View Post
Tell me more about this...Appears to be an app I download? Then what? I buy and OBD reader to plug into the port and that syncs with this app? Then code away?

Sorry for the dumb question new to BMW. #Audi4Life! 🤣
Here you go...recent post I made regarding coding and diagnostic tools...ista/esys and protool are similar to rosstech in the vw/audi world...bimmercode and bimmerlink are really easy to use with most basic coding and diagnostic functionality most here will ever need...me on the other hand I have a problem as I have all of them...lol:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanb2b View Post
I have a few that I like for BMWs as they don't just pull generic codes, but also BMW specific error codes, please see below:

IOS App BimmerLink - Not my favorite, but very convenient given it's on IOS so it always on my phone. Requires a BT adapter that they list as compatible, but once you have that you can also buy Bimmercode, which I use to adjust factory set features, including disabling auto/start/stop.

Android app Protool - depending on the module you purchase, it can do both diagnostics and coding. This is probably the most feature-rich tool besides ISTA and ESYS which are both BMW SW tools

Foxwel NT510 or higher...ECS also sells a Schwaben version of the same scanner - Also very convenient, no BT adapter required as it is a standalone device. Less user-friendly than a phone app, but pretty easy to navigate.

ISTA for Diagnostics and ESYS for coding Both are BMW proprietary SW programs, that require a laptop and OBD2/Enet cable to run, but you literally have the same tools dealers technicians use, so you have access to repair protocols, etc. The software is out there in the forums and I will leave that at that.
Appreciate 1