United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTP1980 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibasuta View Post
No, fairly reputable performance car garage in Bristol
RS Direct. Seemed great, friendly etc but when it came to light they didnt want to know. And i bet they wouldnt want that car back....as they will be in a loss situation. Id like to think they didnt know, but its not my problem, im just an innocent consumer buyin a car.
Wow, I remember seeing that car for sale. What a fascinating story. You knew your consumer rights and they worked for you which is great. Many would just bend over, so well done.

Interesting about RS Direct. They have a good rep in general, sounds like they let themselves down here. Good customer service is about how the difficult things are dealt with, not the bit where they persuade you to part with your money.

And such a device is a new one on me. Lucky you found it.
Very lucky, bit of research, speaking to some people (as i never knew they existed), good mate of mines wife is a solicitor who guided me, had a timeline to reject car and it worked out. Hitachi Business Finance were brilliant i must say, kept a credit line open for me when i had found a replacement car.

I just tracked all mileage recordings possible this time, ie everytime at BMW and found out why!