View Single Post
      05-15-2017, 08:39 PM   #6
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
Congrats on the car, its always a big day. I would and did follow the BMW break in procedure, its very simple and generally the folks that build the cars know what is best. Avoiding the constant speed is a challenge at times but as long as your varying the RPM you should be fine. I drove mine on several extended highway trips (2 hours or so) and just varied my speed and gears to keep from running the car at a constant RPM for too long. Stayed under 4,500 rpms which is pretty easy to do actually because the car had good torque. Having said all of that BMW does run their cars at the Performance Center without following their own break-in procedure, of course they are selling those cars after a few months without a warranty so take that for what it is. When I did my 2 day M school I think the lowest mileage car was about 800 miles so they may do a shorter break-in.
I don't think Performance Center cars qualify for CPO, but I'm pretty sure they come with a warranty.

And let's be real, it is not because of how they were broken in, it is because they have had the sh.. thrashed out of them
Appreciate 0