View Single Post
      01-03-2015, 12:52 PM   #11
Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
I'm not arguing that the 2 series platform shouldn't be lighter than it is. That's not it at all. But the 2 series platform is what the M division has to work with. Going cloth vs leather, MT over AT, iDrive delete ect ect is not going to drop the car to 3150 lbs. Adding CF absolutely everywhere wouldn't do that either, while just pricing the car way up there.

Hell, you are asking for a bigger car than my e36, with turbo and associated hardware to be lighter vs an NA I6 to be lighter than it. How?

I honestly you are wasting your time and should prob look ar Cayman's instead. I'm a fan of them, but they are out of my budget. But then again we are comparing a much smaller car with only 2 seats too
Very simple! They need to use light weight materials. Not just CF but a combo of cf, aluminum, magnesium, etc. This is 21st century and we build carbon fibre airplanes and aluminum trucks as we speak.

You know Alfa 4C V2 is in the works with more powerful engine and will compete directly with Cayman, RS3 and M2. When I think of M2 the first thing that comes to mi mind is 4C.
Appreciate 0