View Single Post
      01-03-2015, 03:29 PM   #19
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Buy used. That's what I would do. I drool every time I see a Cayman so I like it too. However, I am a fan of the M235i so I look forward to the M2. My plan is to hop into one next year or the following year. If it is too much I will look elsewhere (cadillac, mb, audi, etc.). There is plenty of competition to check out. Hopefully BMW realizes this. I have been a fan of BMW for about 20 years and I am not happy with most of the cars they've been pumping out.
The Caymans hold their value very very well. So if you want a 981S, you'll be waiting for a while unfortunately.

With my next car, I want to go a different route.
1) I'd like to buy new so that I can order it exactly the way I want. Kind of a once in a lifetime thing. By ordering new, I'll have a full warranty and get to do something like ED or PCD.
2) Car has to be betweem $45 to 55k

Having said that, it's not a hard requirement. A used Cayman S is definitely possible. Hell turboing my e36 M3 is also not out of the question either. Really, the only thing that could go wrong for the M2 (for me anyway ) is the price. I already like the M235i, so the M2 should be great for me
Appreciate 0