Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
Round two....

As expected, the dealer did not really want to budge from his initial offer. Saying things like the X7 is already heavily discounted, it is a "very desirable vehicle" and they are already "offering it $2600 below invoice". Of course, any number "below invoice" means really nothing to me based on how vehicles are priced nowadays. He also stated that "12.5% including incentives" off MSRP is as aggressive he can get (not sure I buy that one though, as opposed to 11% off MSRP before adding incentives....). And of course, he would not budge on the trade value, which is what I was expecting. But, in an effort to continue the negotiations, he did offer/ask if I would take the deal he originally offered with the 2.99% rate (vice the original 3.99% rate he offered).

So in my response, I included my own counter comments like:
- There are others getting aggressive deals like this on the internet, regardless of market and/or small or large volume dealers
- I know that adding points above the BMW FS base rate of 2.99% is adding profit for the dealer
- The dealer's site advertises both 2.99% and 3.09% financing options without a caveat that a full MSRP purchase price is required to get those rates

So then I asked for the numbers for the following different scenarios to compare. Specifically: The total financed amount, the BMW Select residual value, and the monthly payment (for payments 1-59):

Scenario 1: BMW Select w/2.99%
a) Remove my trade entirely from the deal (assume I will sell it myself)
b) Use $30k for down payment
c) Following incentives applied: $2000 APR, $1250 Loyalty & $500 Military
d) Add the shadowline grill and rear trim piece w/o labor

Scenario 2: BMW Select w/2.99%
a) Keep my trade in the deal (with the best trade value you can give me, and I understand the trade value may change upon inspection of the vehicle)

Scenario 3: BMW Select w/interest rate of your choice above the base 2.99% (to add more profit for you to the deal)
a) Guaranteed trade value of $3723 (sight unseen)
e) What other BMW accessories are you willing to throw in to compensate me for a higher interest rate IF I were to accept this scenario (rubber floor mats, cargo area rubber mat, roof rail system, etc)

The fun continues.....
you're a tough one!!
Appreciate 0