Drives: 2017 M3, 2020 X7 40i

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
3-7% off MSRP sounds reasonable; would they do same price on a custom build?

how much difference for the exact way ordered; vs their lot one??
The dealer mentioned that discounts would be lower on an ordered vehicle. But to be honest, I take that with a grain of salt since from the moment I walked on the lot this time I was looking at a specific vehicle in their inventory. If this deal falls through, I would not be interested in any other vehicle on their lot (or from other dealers in my area for that matter right now).

As far as the difference between my "perfect build" and the one on the lot, as I mentioned in my post above, the differences are: not my first choice color, no space saver spare, no ambient air package, it has glass controls (did not want that option). But none of those are deal breakers for me and I would probably make an offer on a similarly configured X7 if it showed up in my area.

Right now, the real sticking point for me is the trade value for my Expedition - but I knew that would happen. I was hoping the dealer would be willing to take more of a "hit" on the trade, and get their profit elsewhere in the deal, as we come to a consensus. That said, the deal is close enough that I have entered into negotiations with my better half - now things are getting interesting ....

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)
Appreciate 0