View Single Post
      10-31-2008, 02:37 PM   #2
jeffgingras
1addict
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i3

Thumbs down Murray BMW of Denver Service Department

Had my first service visit at Murray BMW a couple of weeks ago. The service department did not come close to meeting the standards of my sales experience at Murray.

Took the car in for a flashing TPMS light. Had four different members of their staff tell me that I just needed to air up my tires. I waited over 50 minutes after I arrived to get into a loaner vehicle (for which they charge $8 a day).

When I arrived to pick up the car, the interior was trashed with grease marks and dirt on everything within reach of the driver's seat. When I dropped it off, I requested that the car not be washed, but it had been. It was not dried properly so there were swirl marks and hard water deposits all over the paint. And there was still grease all around the driver's-side door handle.

The tech found that wiring for the left front TPMS electronics in the fender liner had been severed. At least the repair has been a success, so far.

To summarize, it was a typical dealership service department experience: Complete disregard for their customers' time, and failure to listen to customer requests. I was treated better at my VW dealership, which isn't saying much...

Emailed Murray's Service Director about my experience. He promised to do better next time. I will give them one more chance and report back on how they do. Unfortunately, I can't recommend them at this time.
Appreciate 0