Em135eye
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M135i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsteele View Post
By any chance did you have the car in neutral and foot off the clutch pedal? Sounds like the Auto Start/Stop function, as it kicks in just before the car is stood still! I've had it do it to me a couple of times when coasting up to a junction - a bad habit I soon learnt to forget after getting the BM!

OP - sounds like an ECU issue, best get it checked.
TBH I forgot I was in a manual so almost stalled as I slowed down (!!) then had cr4p brakes. Xenon - I've braked a zillion times on the hill and the 318d has decent stoppers - they were seriously underpowered and I ended up a couple of feet further than I should have been. It is an auto stop/start -I pullled off the road to answer my phone the day before and was shocked when the car switched off! A push of a clutch and it started again.

A bit weird but the car was VERY good on fuel and clearly geared towards economy (a dash display constantly "advised" me to change up a gear - I ignored it and thrashed the pants off the little engine!!). Not sure if it really need 255 tyres on the back though...
Appreciate 0