Jthompson
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Escalade ESV, M4, Range Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseControl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfoundnemo View Post
Yeah, it's pretty simple, the dealer should take care of just about everything for you. If all goes well, the main difference is you'll have to get a temporary/transport tag from the dealer to driver it back to your home state, then you'll do the actual registration there.

Assuming you're financing or leasing with BMWFS, they should be able to take care of all the taxes and transfer everything to your home state accordingly, if the financial adviser isn't used to dealing with the intricacies of your home state, they may very well mess something up. If they do, it might be annoying but not horrible (happened to me once), the state will sort it out and you'll either get a bill or check for the mistake. I ended up getting a check from the dealer because they charged like $80 too much on my cash due at signing on a lease, but they at least had the payments right.
Can they deliver or would that cost me?
Thanks
Depends on how you negotiate your deal. I just bought from a dealer in Houston - live about 600 miles away in Arkansas. I negotiated my deal and then paid for the transportation separately out of my own pocket. Either way it goes, you will pay for the transport - either out of pocket after the fact or by virtue of a smaller discount to compensate for the transportation costs.
Appreciate 1