09-09-2020, 08:38 PM   #50
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i | M2 CS | X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruppa View Post
Not an exact science since VLT can vary by roll but let's ignore that. It's just basic multiplication/division. Front stock is ~70% so if you add 15% that is 70%*15% = 10.5%. If the stock rears are 20% then the math is 10.5%/20% = 52.5%. So your closest option would be 50%. Again, keep in mind even if you could get the front and rears to meter the exact same number the fronts will look lighter most of the time due to sunlight coming in the front windshield.
I read your post too late and messed up royally! I told them to go 35% tint in the rear on top of the 20% OEM for some stupid reason and the VLT came back at freaking 8%! Fronts stayed at 15% on the nose.

Now 8% rears + 15% front side windows (no windshield) VLT def looks off and I should have totally gone 40% tint in the rear to get it down to ~13%.

IDK if I'm splitting hairs here but despite the money I already spent, I'm already considering having them re-do the back of the car to the 40% tint to get it closer. Am I nuts? I left to go visit my parents and wasn't there to pester as they install like I normally do.
Appreciate 0