05-11-2008, 02:09 AM   #17
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by purity View Post
The Brake Disc of the Brembo is LIGHTER then the OEM Brake Disc.
so its like having a LIGHTER Wheel,
and theoritically, it means less mass to be spin by the engine.just like when you have lighter Flywheel.
Remember he change ALL FOUR WHEEL DISC Brake.
The reduction in weight all add up.

so I believe him when he say the car fell faster,perhaps if he say the car is more RESPONSIVE... it would be more correct...
because the top speed of the car might still be the same, but the car do accelerate faster/more responsive to accelerator input.

I do not think it challenge his credibility at all...

Now if he put a FAKE BREMBO cover on top of his OEM brake then post it here then say the brake is real BREMBO,
that would challenge his credibility...
We all know that rotating mass is more important that non rotating mass. It has to be accelerated and angularly accelerated (spun up). It is important in the wheel area as well to reduce unsprung mass.

I have yet to see that the Brembo rotors are lighter than stock. OC claimed he weighed everything but I have not seen the numbers. They must be darn weak if they are lighter. Both Brembo and stock are aluminum hats and vented and cross drilled cast iron for the rotors. Brembo diameter is larger 380 vs. 361 and thicker 34 vs 30. Those are measurements for the front, OEM M3, rear rotors are even smaller. I'd bet anything the Brembo rotors are heavier. That is not at all ALL bad. They are brakes and their job it to stop, last long and not fade and they will likely do great there. Calipers are probably heavier too those 6 pistons calipers are loooong and large.

All that being said EVEN IF the rotors and calipers were a bit lighter say a few pounds per wheel YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO FEEL IT. Can you feel a 20 lb package in your back seat in a 400+ hp car that weighs 3700 lb. NOPE, not possible!

Sorry purity and sorry OC. This is a credibility issue at worst and simply wishful thinking and being blinded by the bling at best.

Being so negative (factual...) I will say this again as well. Beautiful car, beautiful brakes and very likely a super powerful and fade resistant set up.
Appreciate 0