View Single Post
      10-21-2020, 01:09 PM   #17
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdesign7 View Post
Has anyone had problems with automatic high beam not staying on after restart? I mentioned this in a different thread but not sure if I explained it well.

You have to push the button on the lever to the left of the steering column to engage auto high beam. It used to stay engaged until I manually pushed that button again. Now I have to push it every time I get into the car and want to use this feature. It's not the end of the world, but I forget to turn it on sometimes and it can be annoying.

Just curious if this happens to anyone and if its something that just changed with a software update?
This happens to me occasionally but not all the time. I would say the Auto High Beams don't come on automatically about 10 to 15% of the time. I do believe it's from a software update. In my particular case it started happening after being updated to my current 07/2020.30 iStep version.

It stayed on persistently prior to this update. I have not been able to pinpoint what causes it to fail to come on upon start up.
Appreciate 1