View Single Post
      02-05-2016, 01:14 PM   #3
-JLT-
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '22 X4M COMP, '23 iX xDrive50

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToe View Post
Maybe a bit premature since my car hasn't even started production but I'm already thinking about a way to dial out some understeer in the likely event that it will have more than desired when unmodified. So I'm looking at a square wheel setup with either square tires or stagger of only 10 mm instead of 20. My guess is that a 9.5 width with et35 will be my best bet if I want to have a choice of wheels to choose from. This would leave the wheel gap to fender at about the same as stock both front and rear. .5 wider in front means 6mm wider on each side of the wheel. Then tuck the wheel in from 29 to 35 offset and I'm back where I started on the fender side. Unfortunately though that means the side of the wheel closest to the strut is reduced by 12mm. I'm inclined to crawl under the car at the upcoming Chicago show to see if this will fly. I looked at the Brussels pics and you can't really tell if there is enough space. Anyone with some pics?
u will probably be able to run 9.5" wheels ET 22 (265 tires) and have no rubbing issues.