View Single Post
      03-12-2018, 11:21 AM   #4
Biginboca
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
I couldn't find anything of the shelf that meets my needs - MAYBE the Magnaflow and Borla systems...but like the Active systems, the mid Pipe from the merger is 2.5" vs around 2.75-3" for stock.

How much of a difference does it make? I'm sure not a lot, but if I'm paying for it, I want it to be how I want it to be.

The removal of the secondaries, merger (a nice quality one can boost torque) and good muffler is worth about -10-15whp all together.
I looked for a Borla cat back system and can’t even find one listed for the E92 328i. I have a magnaflow on my Jeep never thought to look at them.

The MF system for the e92 328i is a better value than the AA for sure it’s probably $250 cheaper than buying the AA muffler and Mid Pipe which are sold separately. The MF also sounds really good in this video just not sure about power gains with it:

Edit:

According to this chart I found on Hotrod Magazine website the 2.5” is only good for like 250hp:

I also remember reading that 3” exhaust are good for up to about 330hp on another website.

Last edited by Biginboca; 03-12-2018 at 11:30 AM..
Appreciate 0