View Single Post
      01-05-2017, 01:55 PM   #10
zumbido
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Waiting for LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackholescion View Post
Mine is $84/6 months for the MBI. Obviously prices vary depending on region.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackholescion View Post
Most people can't afford the premium is my guess. Geico added it to my car without me knowing (or maybe they told me and I authorized it without paying attention) when I first registered it with them. Then I found out about it later and went to check to add it and it was already there.

How many people pay for the rental car or towing coverage? I'd venture to guess not that many even though those services are amazing to have as well.

Then there's the elephant in the room. Geico's rates. They will pay a certain amount for parts and hours regardless of what the shop charges and you're SOL if the shop won't play. Either pay the difference or take it somewhere else. Usually, it's best to work through Geico and make sure they've worked with the shop before and won't charge you extra.

When I got in a wreck (previous car), I made sure the shop was reputable and that they wouldn't have issues with Geico and their rates. Everything was as smooth as could be.

Plus cars are inherently reliable these days. People either lease or buy Honda/Toyota/Nissan/etc which means the chance of issues are low. And volume and all that. I struggle to see how insurance companies make money anyway but I guess with enough people paying for coverage they don't end up using, it doesn't hurt their bottom line too much. This kind of offer would keep me with Geico even if they raised their rates marginally for example.
I just checked my policy and it's also already included. When you say $80, is that your premium for the extended MBI?
Appreciate 0