View Single Post
      07-22-2005, 03:30 AM   #21
Broken1
Addict
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 40i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by segfault
I'm having the same problem with the low battery light. If I turn the car off with the headlamps on auto, they switch to parking lamps until the drivers' door is opened. If I'm waiting in the car listening to the radio, within a few minutes the battery light comes on, even if there are no parking or headlights on. You should be able to run the radio for hours before it significantly drains the battery!

The dealership claims to have tested the charging system and battery and found nothing abnormal. They also couldn't reproduce the spring noise in the drivers' door and found nothing wrong with the chattering wipers.
This is very odd. The other night I mentioned in my post above, I sat listening to my radio for a good 30-40 minutes and I didn't get any warning lights. I also kept turning on my interior light as I was reading things and looking at my manual. Perhaps it's the i-drive which takes up too much juice? Even in my old E46, I could be watching tv on my nav screen for about 2 or 3 hours before anything would warn me the battery is low. Once I turned the screen "off" and I watched a double feature at the drive in. The battery was also powering my aftermarket amp and subwoofer
Appreciate 0