Thread: AARP discount
View Single Post
      03-12-2017, 06:48 AM   #6
nil1
Rep
Drives: 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54Me View Post
I didn't get 100% of what I thought it would do for me and had to catch a flight this morning, but the deal is real and you just have to sign up for AARP, pay the $12 and print the membership card. Well worth the investment in any scenario

On the paper they showed me it reduced the price of the car by an additional $1,000 (I already had $500 USAA applied and they don't work together), which makes sense and so it reduced my payment per month by $28 or so.

I need to call them back when I have time and confirm that it did not affect the money factor because I still have to pay the $650 cash. The .0002 I expected would have killed that plus reduced the payment a little further as far as I can tell.

Maybe someone else who is better than me at this will try it and confirm the money factor discount, but if there is one then my dealer appears to be attempting to keep it at the moment. Is that "wrong" or just something they typically will try to do and I need to learn to negotiate all of the numbers?

Thanks.
AARP is handled as corporate fleet so you should have gotten the MF discount. See the attached PDFs.
Appreciate 0