View Single Post
      10-23-2009, 11:32 PM   #12
ZTUNER
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 91 Z32TT, 2000 I30, 335i

Shiv,

I guess i will be the only one to call you and other meth kit providers on the topic of safety with your meth kit.

IMO safety should be the number one consideration when installing a device designed to deliver a liquid under high pressure, particularly if the liquid is flammable. If installing a trunk system, the only safe method is an SFI approved fuel cell with appropriate brackets to properly secure the tank to the frame of the vehicle. When using methanol as a liquid, proper ventilation outside of the vehicle must be addressed and the pump CANNOT be placed inside the trunk. The reason is simple. The pump operates at high pressures and if a leak occurs, a serious potential safety problem will result.

Under the hood, inside the engine compartment is the preferred choice, since automobiles come from the manufacturer with a "firewall” already installed. There is no "firewall” present between the trunk and the interior. A fire in the trunk is dangerously close to the fuel tank. You Methnol system sits on top of the battery. Now don't start with " I'm suggesting running a 70 /30 mix blah blah. Its still unsafe. also the use of plastic tubes to run flamable liquid at high pressure is great.

Wonderful

Now flame away

Harry
Appreciate 0