OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTUNER View Post
Shiv,

I guess i will be the only one to call you and other meth kit providers on the topic of safety with your meth kit.

IMO safety should be the number one consideration when installing a device designed to deliver a liquid under high pressure, particularly if the liquid is flammable. If installing a trunk system, the only safe method is an SFI approved fuel cell with appropriate brackets to properly secure the tank to the frame of the vehicle. When using methanol as a liquid, proper ventilation outside of the vehicle must be addressed and the pump CANNOT be placed inside the trunk. The reason is simple. The pump operates at high pressures and if a leak occurs, a serious potential safety problem will result.

Under the hood, inside the engine compartment is the preferred choice, since automobiles come from the manufacturer with a "firewall” already installed. There is no "firewall” present between the trunk and the interior. A fire in the trunk is dangerously close to the fuel tank. You Methnol system sits on top of the battery. Now don't start with " I'm suggesting running a 70 /30 mix blah blah. Its still unsafe. also the use of plastic tubes to run flamable liquid at high pressure is great.

Wonderful

Now flame away

Harry
You can drop a lit match in a 70/30 mix of meth/water and it wont ignite. If that is still sketchy for some people, run a 50/50 mix which is the same as windshield washer fluid which also wont ignite and is also trunk mounted in most cars.

As for the pressurized leak scenario, the controller will shut down if flow exceeds the trip point which is pre-adjusted to match the size of the nozzle. So you can literally yank the meth line from the nozzle and the flow will immediately stop.

If mounting a water/mix mix above the battery is a concern, simply draping a plastic shroud around the battery will protect it from any hooligan who wants to play a trick on you.

Shiv
Appreciate 0