Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 F97 X3M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfinwolfsclothing View Post
I disagree. PDK is the world standard for dual clutch technology (esp in the GT3) and PDK is a far better implementation than DCT in either manual or auto mode. It's a more intuitive tranmission in auto, faster and crisper in manual mode and doesn't have the weird hesitations, hiccups, and clunkiness dct does. The software porsche has that they do in house is far superior than what everyone else is doing and this IMO is a big part of why they are the standard. Plus this technology wouldn't exist as they invented it.

Only thing I personally don't like is the push/pull porsche gives you standard, I like the left and right paddle option much better.

DCT is good, and I love mine. Huge improvement over the atrocious 6mt in my first e92 m3 but it still doesn't hold a candle to PDK and a couple of the other top tier dual clutches (458/gtr are great as well).

My goodness man I'm suprised you haven't taken delivery of a 991/Boxter/Cayman/Panamera/Cayenne/Macan/918 or some other soon to be released Porsche variant.

It's almost like Zuffenhausen casts the Porsche Crest via spotlight over Stuttgart to alert you to any posts/comments on Bimmerpost that contains any reference to Porsche - whether good, bad or indifferent. it's kiind of funny actually. I'm sure your subscription to Cristophorus is up to date

All Good Man - I'm just busting your chops
2018 X3 M40i BSM/Oyster/ZPP/ZPX/HK/S6CPA/718M(retired)

Last edited by car_fan; 04-03-2014 at 04:42 PM..
Appreciate 0