View Single Post
      02-18-2013, 09:57 AM   #12
tsev
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrey_gta View Post
How did you make the Hand brake on the Rear work????

Please find out
I will give a call to my mechanic tomorrow and check it out. Will let you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yury View Post
Sure, in attached pics you could see how he did it.

Original bracket that goes with Performance BBK will not fit the XI knuckle, therefore people just cut away (shave) some metal to stick it in. Thats why BMW officialy do not offer Performance BBK for XI cars.

I was wondering if your mechanic whent the same way or he actually designed and manufactured new bracket that would allow the mounting without cutting the knuckle. Now it is clear that your mechanic went the "easy way"

By the way I will be designing new bracket to fit XI "bolt on", because I do not want to cut the knuckle. Anyone interested to buy the new bracket?

Thank you for the pics, now I get why BMW originally said it wont fit. As you said my car mechanic probably went the easy way but I dont mind shaving the metal on knuckle as long as everything functions properly. Is there any reason beside you wanting to keep stock knuckle why you dont wanna shave it? In any case I will ask my car mechanic what exactly did he do, in case he found the bracket that would fit or custom made it, I can ask for the price n ship it to u if u like. Will let you and all know what exactly did he do and how did he make rear hand brake work..
Appreciate 0