Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstuermer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx_77 View Post
The unfortunate part is that they are still investigating how to get the Navigation and BMW Connected Drive working over here. Obviously the US SIM card is an issue and also I am told that they use different hardware in the head unit than what is used in the US. They had tried to update the vehicle software but they were unable to. So, now they are waiting to hear back from Munich to see if anything can be done. Keeping my fingers crossed but not feeling confident.
If this doesn't work out, I guess I may consider reaching out to a coding company in Germany to see if they can get it done, but that does seem a little risky.
But since I found out it's only a 2 year warranty over here, I'm not too worried about voiding that.
Are there any members in here with any experience with an issue like this?
I am driving a US spec X7 in Germany which has not been altered to Germany regulations. Most of the connected functions do not work here. Howevery after my dealer upgraded the car to 07/2020.60 live traffic now works. Also Spotify has always been working. Many functions just depend on the right map so make sure you get a European map (lane change, speed limit, etc.).
Hmm.
The dealership here in Switzerland was not even able to update the maps never mind the latest software update. So, now I am using Apple CarPlay Apps for music and maps etc, but it would be nice to have the speed limits come up, especially given how many of the speed limit camera boxes they have here on the sides of the road.
Appreciate 0