Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep
Drives: x5 40i 2019

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by P4rD0nM3 View Post
Got any suggestions for me to try out?
Anything that you like the scent. The fir tree family would be great - spruce, fir needle, cedar, copaiba balsam, juniper berry, gosh they are endless.

If you like citrus, you can get lemon, lime, lots of different orange oils, and also lots of blends. Bergamot is a type of citrus people don’t eat, but it is used in earl grey tea. So if you like earl grey, you would probably like bergamot.

To get rid of stinks like cigarette smoke smell, the melaleuca is great. I like the smell but some people don’t. To me it smells clean and somewhat woody. Peppermint also is good. I’m not crazy about wintergreen and spearmint, stick with peppermint. Peppermint also will discourage both bugs and rodents in the home.

You also can get lots of sweet floral oils - personally I’m not a fan but some good ones would be helichrysum, ylang ylang is popular and lots of people love lavender.

I also love myrrh, frankincense and patchouli, the traditional eastern scents. They are mostly made from wood-like plants, so aren’t sweet.

You only need a tiny amount. They are very strong. One drop on a cotton ball will probably produce plenty of scent in a space as small as a car.

So I suggest you get a kit that has a bunch of different oils, but in small bottles. That way you can test them out.

Don’t buy the super cheap ones coming out of China. God only knows what they are made from. On amazon some brands I like are Now, miracle botanicals, plant therapy. Duterra are probably the most expensive but you have to buy them from a dealer, which can be found online.

I buy all of mine from a company called melaleuca, but it is a membership with monthly purchase. I use all their cleaning and personal products, as well as their vitamins. I trust them to sell only high quality oils, and they have many to choose from.

Don’t bother with those car diffuser gadgets. Just put a little on any absorbent material, like cotton ball or pad or paper towel, and tuck it away somewhere in the car. The oils could leave a stain, so put it in a little container, baggie, or Dixie cup or sometching like that. But I don’t think they would bother the plastic or faux leather on the car’s storage bins.

Essential oils are fascinating and fun. Once you start looking into them, it gets very interesting.
Appreciate 0