View Single Post
      10-05-2019, 01:29 PM   #55
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLife14 View Post
Best method is the only finance half - if you don't have half upfront, don't buy. 48month is usually a good term. Never buy new unless you like to watch money burn...lol
And this gets back to my original reply in this thread. Why not buy new if you hold on to the car for a long while? It's ridiculous to paint with such a broad brush.

I've never traded in any car I've owned. I've only sold off one car to a car buying service because having that car around with at the time two cars already was not prudent. The car buying service offered me more than what I would have gotten if I traded it in. That car I happened to buy used and felt comfortable about it because I was able to talk to the original owner. That car I owned for 16 years before selling it. My daily beater at the time I owned for 8 years until it was done in by a deer. I would have continued to drive that thing till I ran it into the ground. My previous car I drove till it blew a head gasket at around 170,000 miles and owning it for 11 years. My two bikes I currently own are 15 and 10 years old respectively. My 135i is going on 6 years and I have no intention of doing anything with it. Again all these vehicles were purchased new with the exception of the one used car I sold to a car buying service.

Could I have maximized my money more by buying used? Sure. But I certainly didn't piss away money that you're implying by buying new.
Appreciate 0