View Single Post
      10-12-2019, 11:19 AM   #2
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
When I bought my new VW VR6, I picked it up on a Tuesday and took it autocrossing on Sunday. Everyone said that it was bad for the motor, but one person said to run it hard from day one so that the rings traveled to the extremes of the bores from rod stretch and momentum.

When I picked up the car after having the second engine installed at 68K miles, I picked it up at the dealer on Friday afternoon and autocrossed it both Saturday and Sunday.

Any one of my friends will tell you about how I picked up my new Audi 1.8T from the dealer, and drove it almost 5,000 miles with five days of autocrossing on it before making the first monthly payment. A few months short of 20 years later and hundreds of ProSolo sidestep-the-clutch-pedal-at-redline launches later, it still has the original engine AND CLUTCH in it! (Look at the rear tire camber shift at the moment of launch):

Mobil1 European Car Formula in all vehicles, BTW. Dropped the pan in the Audi a few years ago on a bet with my mechanic, and it was 100% sludge-free and clean.

Oh, I guess that I should mention that the VR6 engine died prematurely due to a failed plastic oil pump impeller while driving home from work one day.....
SherM4n630.00