Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrotm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Isn't the Model 3 outselling the combined Germans? I can't imagine the Model Y isn't going to do the same to the X3, Q5 and GLC. Take those away from the Germans, or at least significantly reduce their volume and the game is going to definitely be on.
Hasn't even started. End of 2018 electric vehicles had a market share of 2.1%. We will see what it is at the end of this year, certainly will have gone up. Nothing will matter until infrastructure can handle a mass adoption, at the moment we are many many years away from that. Plenty of time for competition to grow.

Side note, anyone find market share for BEV's only. Hybrids don't count in my book. What percentage of that 2.1 is BEV?
I've heard and witnessed this sort of blindness before. The Japanese can't build luxury cars. That attitude didn't work well for the Germans. Hell, my dad has a 2002 or so MB with a cassette deck. Could you even buy tapes in 2002?

So far the EV game from the Germans is weak as all hell. VW promises the first truly viable one with the ID3 but we aren't getting it here. This will end badly for the Germans
Appreciate 1
overcoil3068.50