View Single Post
      11-09-2019, 01:06 PM   #16
Ihdihd
Rep
Drives: X7

Wouldn’t recommend it at all. I got it to future proof the car in case BMW decided to add a summons feature (even the old backup feature from the 7).

Here are some issues—

1. It’s big and bulky and slippery
2. The range on it is significantly worse than the normal remote, which is shocking given #1
3. Charging it is a huge pain. It needs to be in a particular spot in the wireless pad in the car otherwise it won’t charge. If you have a phone charging in the pad, it won’t charge. If it runs out of charge, you’re screwed
4. Charging via micro USB is terrible, the little cover is IMPOSSIBLE to open and leaves the charger in an awkward and precarious position
5. Features are not easily accessible not intuitive. For example, remote starting the car via small remote is three clicks of the round bmw button. On the display key, you have to nav to the climatize menu, and the car has to wait for 2-way communication is established, which doesn’t happen all the time in my house based on #2 above. My advice is stay away! I would gladly trade another regular remote for it.
Appreciate 0