12-15-2014, 11:41 AM   #55
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
With the chopped roof. It has to be test mule for the upcoming Toyota/BMW joint project. Most likely testing the chassis and suspension, that is why they chopped the roof. Needs to have the lower center of gravity to get correct data.

I really hope this is a sign of fixed roof sports car.
Your analysis can apply to this being the M2 as well:

"With the chopped roof. It has to be test mule for the upcoming M2. Most likely testing the chassis and suspension, that is why they chopped the roof. Needs to have the lower center of gravity to get correct data."

And you know what, it makes a hell of a lot more sense that this is testing for an M2.

- Carbon Fiber roof -(something everyone was hoping for on the M2)
- Carbon Fiber hood -(something everyone was hoping for on the M2)
- Lowered Roofline - (Looks more aggressive and high performance, for the M2).
- Double Bubble roof - (also something everyone was hoping for on the M2).

They took a M235i. They didn't modify it (by definition) but they actually redesigned the hood line. That is an indicator that the lowered roofline is not just for arbitrary testing. It's for testing a production spec roof line.

So, again:

M235i ----> Lower roof line ----> add carbon fiber hood -----> hood gets signature double bubble ------> Carbon Fiber roof ------> shorter, more nimble wheel base for greater performance

And there are people here saying that it can't be the M2?

I'd bet money that this is related to the M2.

EDIT: It even has recaros in it. Come on, guys.

This thing is literally screaming:

"I AM A PROTOTYPE TESTING THE LOWER HOODLINE ALONG WITH THE NEW CARBON FIBER HOOD, CARBON FIBER DOUBLE BUBBLE ROOF,A SHORTER WHEEL BASE, AND NOT TO MENTION, I HAVE RECAROS IN ME. But that's cool, I'm fine with you guys calling me a toyota/BMW joint prototype"

As if it couldn't be any more obvious.

Last edited by Adem1534; 12-15-2014 at 11:50 AM..
Appreciate 1