03-31-2015, 12:16 PM   #22
RandomHero
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtecnic View Post
Don't worry, i'll be just as happy as you after we've got it on video. I mentioned multiple times that there should be a +/- for error control. I'd be happy even if it was closer to 5 plus or minus.

Wasn't trying to start any arguments about any of this just posted our observed results for some fun.
I’m not sure why anyone is being a douche about this as you never claimed these were official times (in fact, quite the contrary).

To answer your question, anything under 5.0 on a laser is fast for the average person, anything under 4.8 is pretty fast for a college athlete, and anything under 4.6 is d*** fast for anyone. Personal opinion, obviously.

I am a former college baseball player and used to powerlift competitively. I saw this sort of thing all the time. There’s always that one dad that wants to brag about his son, and I usually just nod my head and smile.

In high school, I supposedly ran a 4.71 at 5’10” and 215lbs. In college, I ran a 4.88 on a laser (on a track but without track shoes) and was very happy with that.

In the weight room, I could bench 355, but in competition (you have to pause the weight on your chest) I could never do more than 315.

At a Pittsburgh Pirates combine, I once hit 91mph from the outfield with a crow hop (Although that was on a Stalker radar gun which is pretty accurate). However, on the mound I was consistently 82-84mph through 6+ innings.

I could claim a ran a 4.7, benched 355, and threw 91, and technically I wouldn’t be lying.

However, it would be more realistic to say that I ran a 4.9, benched 315lbs, and threw 83mph.

My point is: While some of these claims may technically be true, there is always more to every story.
Appreciate 1