View Single Post
      01-09-2020, 09:00 AM   #1
robininni
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X535d (sold)

Feel for overall reliability and tendency towards issues?

I've got an x7 m50i on order but production hasn't started. I'm a little concerned with a few things I've read about people having repeated issues with the check engine light coming on, Apple iplay issues, and a couple other things I've read.

I went through a terrible ordeal with a loaded 2017 Ford F350 that I finally traded but it should have been lemoned in Texas. Ford was just not willing to do it and I didn't want to go through the legal hassle of trying to force it. Basically though the dealership had my ford more than me in the last few months just before it was 2 years old. It never got fixed permanently--the elusive electrical gremlins always came back.

The X7 is new, starting in 2019 so I am a bit hesitant based on being a new model already, but then I read some of these stories and I just wonder how isolated these problems are.

My BMW dealership for service is about an hour and 20 minutes away from me (I live in a rural town about an hour from Fort Worth) so having issues and making numerous trips to the dealer for such would be a crisis for me for sure.

Any guidance or just how reliable and trouble free these x7 autos are? Specifically the m50i? I know this just came out for 2020 so am I making a large gamble getting one now?

Does BMW take good care of its customers (unlike I found Ford to do)? Will a dealership treat me well service wise even if I bought the auto elsewhere?
Appreciate 0