View Single Post
      03-02-2024, 07:53 AM   #102
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoody007 View Post
You also WANT to drive a BMW 400K miles. A Camry? No way in hell.

The metric I like to use is smiles per miles 😂
I think a BMW can easily hit that 200k mark if you take care of it... the issue being not really the mileage but the age. This is irrelevant to what car make it is.

I drive 8-10k miles a year... let's say i even drove 15k miles... that would take me over 13 years to hit 200k miles... by that time, no amount of maintenance can prevent the wear time does on a car including but not limited to potential rust, paint fading, seals going bad, dashboards / leather cracking etc... I personally don't want to deal with that for that long and I don't want to be in the same exact car for that long when newer, better and often more reliable options inevitably show up in the market. That's not even including the tech factors that show up such as apple car play etc that completely change the driving experience. I couldn't imagine a car without it now.

Often when I hear folks talk about I did 200k / 300k on my car... my first comments are but where in the world are you driving this much and you are also now in a 20 year old car in a world where vastly superior options exist. Now if you are on a budget that is a different story... or if you have a 1 of a kind car i.e. an E46 M3 6spd etc... the latter applies to very few people.