View Single Post
      12-24-2007, 09:47 PM   #5
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

add all the options and taxes and you come out to around 58....

Crazy or not, your paying for the name, the reputation, and blah blah blah.....I dont think its too much and I mean its BMW......its Mercedes....its Audi, Porsche.......its Ferrari.....its Bentley.............its just the way it is man, there are different clients in different markets for different things that are able and willing to pay at the given prices (equilibrium).

Be happy that BMW doesnt compensate for the Euro to Dollar exchange rates. Have you ever asked people outside of the USA what a BMW costs? It can cost almost twice as much as it would in the USA. So poor quality or whatever you want to pin to it. BMW's namesake was never really geared towards readily available cars whose price was easily accepted by the general public. Yes, you could argue that that reputation was a thing of the past back when they still had extremely well made vehicles. And yes, you could argue what the point of the 2002 was. However, nothing changes the fact that BMW was not meant to be a cheap auto manufacturer with great low prices, so the advent of the 3 series and now the 1 series has somewhat allowed the company to slightly delve into the entry level and some what sub premium markets, but thats about it.

So yes, 47k for a 335i sounds ok, but 55k sounds great, even better! Becasue then you know its been loaded up with the much needed options (most of which should come standard anyway, like power seats and leather). Like anything else, either create a plan to somehow obtain what you want, or just accept defeat and leave it be until you can obtain it. So if 47k for a 335i is too much for someone at this point, then theres nothing wrong with accepting that and just saving up for a little while longer and making do with whatever you can afford. I personally think that despite its minor electrical issues, the 335i is a great car and is worth every penny. I mean hell in comparison to similar cars in the price range, your getting an extremely tunable car, with great performance specs out of the box, with a great reputation, stunning looks, great creature comforts, and much more for under 60K (options and taxes included)

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0