04-25-2019, 04:48 AM   #17
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBrown View Post
Second row and backwards is very cheap and small?

Some of this is confusing and makes me think maybe I don't have an X7! The back of the front seats are wrapped in leather, the back seats are patterned and two toned and fully wrapped in leather. The fold down drink holder is beautiful. The windows have automated blinds and seats can be adjusted in so many directions. You can control your own blind, your neighbors blind, and can open/close the skylounge all from your 2nd row seat. If no one is in the 3rd row there is a TON of legroom. In the 3rd row there is a cup holder (leather surrounded), heated seats, a separate sunroof. Oh, and every seat has USB-C connections. This X7 blows my Rovers out of the water on finish behind the drivers row. No dig at that poster, but it makes me wonder what X7 they saw?
I'll also just point out that the 3rd row also has the side accent lighting, and even available dedicated zone climate controls. BMW definitely didn't just stick the 3rd row into the cargo compartment, they are orienting the X7 to be a "true" full 3-row SUV. Not just a 2-row with a couple jumpseats shoehorned in a cargo space. And 2nd row Captain's chairs takes that row up another notch too. BMW is really making an attempt for 2nd and 3rd row passengers to get the same plush accoutrement as the front row. I'd stop short of calling the 3rd row "luxury" seating, primarily because of the smaller space. But even me, as a big 6'3" guy, would be comfortable riding in the X7 3rd row for short to moderate drives. Not a long road trip.
Appreciate 1
JDBrown62.50