View Single Post
      08-26-2013, 05:58 PM   #8
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman26 View Post
I am new at this with my first pre order. The lighting pkg is not very full of information anywhere. I believe in the US that you get both the auto high beams and the leds. I think the leds are pretty cool and the look of the next 5 yrs or so. That being said, i thinknyou are right that the bixenons will still look good. I am in the same boat. Dont need auto hi bea,s so i passed on this $1900 option even though i want the leds for cool factor. Have to draw a line somewhere
My understanding is that the X5 with xenons and the x5 with led headlights BOTH get the led rings or halos and thus look very similarly. The difference is that it is standard for there to be xenons within the led halos versus the option to have the leds there providing the actual main lighting. Both do the adaptive lighting which follows corners as you drive.

Unless someone corrects me I also understand that because of federal regulations we do NOT get the awesome automatic highbeams that the rest of the world gets where the car does constant light sampling to both avoid blinding oncoming cars but yet still give a really extended lighting.

There are youtube videos that show how this works. The one below is the BMW version:

If that was available then I would get the lighting package.

Last edited by gblansten; 08-26-2013 at 06:03 PM..
Appreciate 0