keanu1
tiamat
Romania
Rep
Drives: 525 d

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeEmZ View Post
am not an expert on these things all am telling you is from personal experience

the dsc button will turn off the traction control and leave you with the dsc which is dynamic stability control this way the car will not control your wheel spin but only intervene when it's out of your hands here's an example of how the traction control works : your going down the road about 100 km/h and you suddenly notice an artificial bump and try to slow down but it's too late and you go over it at lets say 70 you'll then notice the yellow triangle in your dash lights up and you'll lose power and even when you try to step on it it doesn't want to go well that my friend is the traction control kicking in because when you flew of the bump you had a small sudden wheel spin that the computer had to correct and by correcting i mean suck the joy out of it so once the traction control is off you'll not get that stupid power loss and you'll get faster launches

hope this simple explanation helps

about the clutch thing i am not quite sure but if it could break it am sure mine would've broke long time ago

one last thing how can your breaks not hold the power
i have a 4.6is and a x6 35i and i never ever got wheel spin of the line in none of them even during rain with dsc pressed (never tried a hold press on the x6 too scared)

it's a 3.0d X5 that's impressive in my opinion
i have an x5 3.0 d 2004 and it goes the same!!! So what's the trick?!?!? i understand there's no way you can go faster!!
Appreciate 0