View Single Post
      10-19-2022, 09:50 AM   #1804
Phasers
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 40i, 2024 X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownieBMW View Post
Pending, first time BMW buyer. First time forum poster. Seeking feedback on one-pay vs. outright purchase. One thought pre-pay the 3 yr/15 k lease, see if I like the X7, then buy a new one in year 4. Or, the other, just buy now with extended warranty and prepaid maintenance and trust everything I've ever read that I will absolutely love BMW and this X7? MSRP on my X740i is $85,095 gross (add in 3rd party warranty + Ultimate Care + taxes more like $101k), no financing though. The one-pay is $57,000 + $700 Ultimate Care. Delivery is for early December.

I really wanted to know if anyone has had a positive (or particularly negative) experience w/ a pre-paid or 'one-pay' lease or how many '1st time BMW' owners, bought and loved it right away? Thanks for sharing some feedback.
You're not comparing apples to apples when you're comparing the one-pay lease to the vehicle. Anyways to answer your question, assuming MSRP with zero discounts:

PURCHASE
$85k MSRP
$700 UC Upgrade to include brakes in the first 3Y/36k
Taxes + Doc fees = ???
I am assuming you'll be around $91k-93k with everything OTD.

vs

ONE-PAY LEASE
$57k one pay
$700 UC
~$58K OTD.

Do you think your X7 will be worth less than $35K ($93k - $58K) in 3 years? I really doubt the value will drop under $40K, so I would purchase it and reevaluate adding a warranty, etc over the course of your ownership.

Speaking of warranty/UC: Maintenance (Ultimate Care) + BMW Platinum Warranty both for 6Y/100k miles should cost you about $10k (combined). That's a lot of money.
Appreciate 0