01-10-2024, 04:27 PM   #9
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeTE87 View Post
I have Allstate for auto and home insurance and their prices are getting ridiculous.
It's not just Allstate, I can assure you that. I work for a fortune 100 insurance company, it's really ugly right now, not just for us for every carrier out there. Billions in underwriting losses, combined ratios well above 100%, wide-spread layoffs, massive efforts to no longer grow but simply get profitable, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeTE87 View Post
Note: Wife and I have clean driving records. No accidents and no tickets.
This will only prevent an even bigger rate increase, unfortunately. Even with a clean record you're not immune to potentially multiple rate increases per year.

The auto insurer I use (different from the company I work for) recently went from 12 month to 6 month policy terms, clearly an attempt to implement rate changes more often.

* worth mentioning - to those who keep shopping around to find better rates, there's definitely nothing wrong with that. But keep in mind most insurance companies have a 'get you in the door rate' that initially sounds really good, but will re-adjust at subsequent renewals to get your premium up into the proper range.
Appreciate 4
LDT1592.00
fe7565556.50
shimmy232353.00
AG23256.00