View Single Post
      07-24-2013, 07:07 PM   #1
newoldbeemer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 328i

F30 suspension heirarchy

Somehow even after reading the gazillion threads about it, I am still confused by what kinds of suspension exist and what they are!

So I thought it would be useful to create a thread with info (I'm sure it will be useful to other noobs), please share your info here:

So we have (from bottom to top)

- xdrive suspension which is the softest, regardless of what line it is UNLESS you have some kind of "m" package added (is that correct?)

- Default suspension in baseline, comfortline and luxuryline (some people reporting baseline is slightly firmer than comfort/luxury on some threads - is that true?)

- The sportline (which is basically just firmer suspension without adaptive-anything - and therefore is somewhat firmer than base but not as firm as adaptive, to allow for better ride? is that correct?)

- Adaptive suspension, which basically changes between comfort mode, sport mode and Eco pro mode

... and beyond this I am lost.:

- What is M-Sport?

- What is M-Performance?

- What is M-Adaptive?

- Are Adaptive and M-Adaptive the same thing?

- What does Dynamic Handling Package add to these?

These are from factory. Now for after-purchase (OEM) upgrade at the dealer, which of these is the upgrade that dealers give for the baseline, comfortline, luxuryline and sportline? Are they worth buying?

More confusing is the fact that the M performance site does not list ANY options in USA if 328i is selected. It shows options only for 128i.

Let's come to aftermarket upgrades later - I want to figure out the BMW ones first .

Last edited by newoldbeemer; 07-24-2013 at 07:21 PM..
Appreciate 0